An all-vegan supermarket selling national, international, and organic foods is now open in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
First store location: 330 SW 2nd Street in downtown Ft Lauderdale, Florida
- Vegan Fine Foods – was created by Florida Atlantic University professor Dr. Steven Smith
- Life-long vegan
- “After a few weeks on a healthy plant-based diet I felt great and had so much more energy.” said Dr. Smith
- Dr. Smith saw a gap in the market for an all-vegan store.
- “I went to supermarkets, green markets, local health food stores, all kinds of places just to get the foods I needed. Then, I had to read all the labels because meat and dairy products get slipped into a lot of foods, even wine! Preservatives too!
- According to Smith, the outlet is designed to appeal to a wide range of vegans and non-vegans alike, selling a wide range of good ‘from raw vegan super healthy foods to kid-friendly Pinkberry vegan frozen yogurt’.
- There is also an on-site cafe – The Inika Café – will serve comfort foods as well as Acai bowls, wraps, juices and desserts.